ZeroTouch® Rotational Metrology System
The ZeroTouch® Rotational Metrology System is a precise, high-speed, in-line or near-line metrology, and inspection system that measures critical dimensions of rotors, stators, brake discs, and other cylindrical parts, providing manufacturers with real-time metrology, and inspection data to optimize production processes, detect defects, and improve ROI.
Ready To Get Started?
Features and Benefits
- Scans different materials and constructs, including hairpin windings, insulators, and laminate stacks
- Capable of inspecting insulating enamel or impregnating resin coatings on hairpins
- Developer coating not required to capture shiny surfaces
- Configurable for both in-line or near-line use
- Inspects single laminate, stacked laminate core, and final assembly with hairpin (stator), shaft (rotor), and other round/cylindrical parts
- System functions in manual or fully automatic mode
- Allows for 100% inspection of parts leading to process and quality improvements
- Inspects both rotors and stators in the same system
- Supports a wide range of dimensions and weights
- Small footprint allows for optimal usage of production space
Using multiple advanced sensors and precision fixturing, ZeroTouch® rapidly measures the entire part surface, executing entire part inspection plans in just a few minutes versus traditional tactile methods, which can require several hours.
By collecting millions of data points across the part surface, ZeroTouch® generates a high-density, micron-level point cloud for comparison to a CAD image where analysis software can rapidly measure features, perform dimensional analysis, and identify surface defects.
Configurable for manual and automatic part load and unload using a robot, conveyor, or cart feed, ZeroTouch® can be installed in the immediate vicinity of the production line to improve production throughputs.
|Measurable Envelope Max. (Diameter x Length)|
425 mm x 300 mm (16.7 in x 11.8 in)
|Part Outer Diameter Max.|
425 mm (16.7 in)
|Part Length Max.|
375 mm (14.8 in)
|Payload Weight Max.||30 kg (66 lbs)|
|Inner Diameter (typical)||120 mm (4.7 in)|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)|
1,150 mm x 1,550 mm x 2,805 mm
(42.25 in x 61.0 in x 110.5 in)
2,000 kg (4,400 lbs)
15˚C (59˚F) to 40˚C (104˚F)
18˚C (64.4˚F) to 22˚C (71.6˚F)
|HMI Operating System||Windows|
ZeroTouch® Analysis Package
Industries and Applications
Key Applications : Gears, Bearings.
Automotive & e-Mobility
Key Applications : Shaft and Spline, Clutch and Flywheel, Motor Stator and Rotor.
Key Applications : Precision Tools, Die Molds, Bearings, Parts & Assemblies with Electropolished Surfaces.